Come Meet the ETF BILD Founders at...
Geopolitical Events, Volatility & ETFs
A webinar presented by the ETF BILD Project
Watch On Demand
Market stress and volatility caused by geopolitical events and other disasters outside of the markets continue to dominate the financial news. The role of capital market specialists during these times is critical in protecting the integrity of ETFs, ETF managers and the interests of investors.
In this webinar, panelists discussed how the capital markets and their participants are responding and adapting to recent events. The discussion was moderated by ETF BILD Project Co‑Founder John Jacobs.
- Reginald M. Browne, Principal and Head of Capital Markets, GTS
- Eric M. Pollackov, Global Head of ETF Capital Markets, Invesco
- Rafael Zayas, SVP, Head of Portfolio Management & Trading, Vident Investment Advisory
- Moderator: John L. Jacobs, Executive Director, Center for Financial Markets and Policy, McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University
- The state of capital markets today
- How the ETF ecosystem, including participants in the creation-redemption process, has functioned during extreme market volatility
- The role of certain ETFs as proxies for valuing foreign securities that have stopped trading
- The latest trends in index and product development. including shifts caused by geopolitical impact
The ETF BILD (Business Insights & Leadership Discussion) Project aims to be the catalyst for discussions on the most pressing issues faced by the business leaders of the exchange traded fund industry.
- The ETF BILD Project is at the intersection of academic research and actionable business leadership. The ETF BILD Project is focused on the business insights, leadership, and discussion of the ETF industry.
- The ETF BILD Project seeks to encourage an ongoing and open discussion on how leaders are solving problems, employing business and operational strategies, the outlook for the marketplace, and lessons learned throughout their process.
The ETF BILD Project is an open, objective and un-biased ideas exchange for ETF leaders and decision makers to share, discuss and analyze issues facing the ETF industry.
- Through joint content, white papers, surveys and round-tables, the ETF BILD Project will engage with ETF industry leaders to facilitate discussions and produce thought leadership on the business of ETFs.
- The ETF BILD Project will seek to publish original content on a quarterly basis and aggregate timely academic and industry research on an ongoing basis via its “What We’re Reading” website section.
The ETF BILD Project is 100% objective and unbiased and does not accept sponsored content or any form of pay-to-play exposure.
- The ETF BILD Project does not endorse any product or business nor recommend any investment action.
- The ETF BILD Project serves as a soundboard and place of interaction, debate, discussion, and analysis for the business leaders of the ETF industry.